Bring your Middle and High School men to sing along in this integrated workshop and session day led by Dan Andersen and Jonathan Palant.
This year’s event will include separate workshops for Middle School and High School levels. Dan Andersen will act as clinician for the Middle School program, while Jonathan Palant will act as clinician for the High School Program.
Cost: No cost for students. All Directors must register to attend the Symposium.
Middle School BYM Workshop
Dan Andersen Clinician
- Wade In the Water, TB, by Davison; BriLee BL961
- Hushed Be the Camps Today, TBB, by Winebrenner; Carl Fischer CM9483
Agenda (all times Central)
- 8:30 a.m. Voice Charting
- 9:00 a.m. Warming Up the MS Male Voice
- 9:30 a.m. Work first piece
- 10:45 a.m. Break
- 11:00 a.m. Work second piece
- 12:30 p.m. MS BYM session ends
High School BYM Workshop
Jonathan Palant Clinician
- Medieval Kyrie by Vijah Singh TB, hand drum & finger cymbals BriLee 100006244
- Ose Shalom arr. John Leavitt TTBB, piano with opt. Bb clarinet Hal Leonard 08703355
- If You’ve Only Got A Moustache Stephen Foster arr. Reed Criddle TBB, piano 4-hands Mark Foster 35031194
Agenda (all times Central)
- 8:30 a.m. Joint session: Pre-workshop note learning for students (led by D. Malfatti)/Session on Choosing Quality Repertoire for teachers (led by J. Palant)
- 9:30 a.m. BYM with students begins with Jonathan Palant (breakdown of topics within workshop TBD)
- 12:30 p.m. HS BYM session ends/break for Jonathan
- 1:00 p.m. Session for teachers with Jonathan: The Dallas Street Choir-Music and Social Justice
Dan and Jonathan will work with attendees on the repertoire listed below. Schools are responsible for providing the music for their students.
Please make careful note of the following:
- Registration for the workshop is at: https://imeamusic.org/southern-indiana-fall-symposium/2016-bring-your-men-workshop/All teachers bringing students to the Bring Your Men Workshop must also be registered for the Symposium. Please register for the Symposium at https://imeamusic.org/southern-indiana-fall-symposium/
- Teachers must insure that all students have the music in hand for the workshop. Participants are expected to respect copyright law and bring only originals, not photocopies.
- Participating students are guests of the University of Evansville. Teachers are responsible for the behavior of their students,
- Pre-workshop sessions including a voice charting workshop with Mr. Andersen and a repertoire selection workshop with Dr. Palant will begin at 8:30 a.m. The workshop itself will begin at 9:30 a.m. Please arrive no later than 9:15 a.m. to allow for a smooth, on-time start.
- The event will end at 12:30 p.m., with a fifteen-minute break in between. In order to maximize everyone’s time with our clinicians, and in order to accommodate schools that must leave in order to catch buses, lunch will not be provided this year.