Performance Group Submissions
Performance Group submissions will be accepted through April 22, 2020. All performance submissions should be submitted online.
All applicants will be emailed about their status. If you have not received notice by June 1, 2020, the full list will be posted on the IMEA website. You may also email the office after June 1 for an update on your status.
Information needed for a Performance Group submission includes:
- Clinician background information
- Performance group information including general repertoire, recognition received, other pertinent information on previous performances
- Sponsoring organization (if applicable)
- Performance needs — instruments, special equipment, staging
- Date/Time constraints for the performance (if applicable)
- Three pieces performed within the last 12 months in an electronic format for online upload.
- Performances will last no longer than 40-50 minutes, in order to conform with session time slots.
- Elementary through College level ensembles may apply in all areas of music performance, not just band, orchestra or choir.
- Selected groups will be asked to provide information for the IMEA Conference Program, but will also be asked to provide their own printed programs.
- IMEA does not guarantee audience size, however the audience that does attend will be comprised of fellow music educators from throughout the state.
- IMEA does not provide meals or overnight accommodations for selected ensembles.
- There is no honorarium for selected ensembles, however the conductor may attend the conference for the reduced clinician rate.