Performance Group Submissions
Performance Group submissions will be accepted through April 25, 2018. All performance submissions should be submitted online.
Information needed for a Performance Group submission includes:
- Clinician background information
- Performance group information including general repertoire, recognition received, other pertinent information on previous performances
- Sponsoring organization (if applicable)
- Performance needs — instruments, special equipment, staging
- Date/Time constraints for the performance (if applicable)
- Three pieces performed within the last 12 months in an electronic format for online upload.
Conference submissions will be compiled with decisions made by the beginning of June 2018.
- Performances will last no longer than 40-50 minutes, in order to conform with session time slots.
- Elementary through College level ensembles may apply in all areas of music performance, not just band, orchestra or choir.
- Selected groups will be asked to provide information for the IMEA Conference Program, but will also be asked to provide their own printed programs.
- IMEA does not guarantee audience size, however the audience that does attend will be comprised of fellow music educators from throughout the state.
- IMEA does not provide meals or overnight accommodations for selected ensembles.
- There is no honorarium for selected ensembles, however the conductor may attend the conference for the reduced clinician rate.