2020 All-State Percussion Ensemble
Featured Clinician: Emmanuel Séjourné, Professor of Music at the Conservatoire de Strasbourg
IMEA, in partnership with the Percussive Arts Society and Indiana Percussion Association, is pleased to present this fantastic opportunity for your percussion students!
Participating students will have the opportunity to explore different genres of percussion ensemble music led by regional clinicians and featured clinician Michael Burritt.
January 16-18, 2020
Grand Wayne Convention Center
120 W Jefferson Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
All application materials must be submitted electronically through the web-based company Acceptd, Inc.
- Under ‘PROGRAM GROUP’ select ‘Percussion Ensemble’.
- Under ‘PROGRAM’ select 2020 All-State Percussion Ensemble
- Answer all of the questions; please note a headshot is not required.
- Upload clearly named audio or video recordings of 1-2 minute excerpts from at least 2 of the following categories:
- Four mallet keyboard percussion
- Two-mallet keyboard percussion
- Drum Set / Multiple Percussion
- Students who will be in grades 9-12 for the 2019-20 academic year residing in Indiana or neighboring states are eligible to apply.
- Submit recordings that showcase your strengths in the given category.
- Use excerpts of pieces on the ISSMA Group I Solo list (or similar works) if possible.
- Individual selections should not be edited or spliced, but rather performed continuously. Adjudicators are more interested in hearing an honest performance than a flawless one.
- Attention should be given to the quality of the recording. Soloists should be more prominent than the accompaniment (if used), and the site of the recording should be as soundproof as possible.
- Applicants are encouraged to have their instructors and/or directors review their recordings before submission.
- Acceptd LLC will be administering the online application. The final step of the application includes a $20 application fee, paid by credit or debit card. IMEA will not receive this money.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email and receipt.
- Evaluation proceedings are confidential and final.
- Alternates will be selected and used to fill positions as needed.
- Application Period: June 14 – November 15. Applications received after November 15 will only be considered if there are available slots.