AIME Mission Statement:
To provide a structure for Indiana non-profit music organizations to work together for the advancement of school music education while enhancing each individual mission. Membership will be open to organizations that have as a major part of their mission the providing of programs, services, and learning experiences specifically for Indiana music students, and current and future Indiana music teachers.
Indiana…The only place in America that is home to:
- First High School Orchestra in the Public Schools of the United States – Richmond H.S.
- First Public High School Band – Connersville H.S.
- Oldest H.S. Show Choir Competition – Bishop Luers H.S., Ft. Wayne
- International Violin Competition – Indianapolis
- Great America Songbook H.S. Vocal Competition – Carmel
- MacAllister International Opera Awards – Indianapolis
- Drum Corp International World Championships – Lucas Oil Stadium
- Bands of America H.S Marching Band Grand Nationals – Lucas Oil Stadium
- Music For All National Concert Band & Orchestra Festival – Indianapolis
- One of the oldest and largest music instrument manufacturers, Conn-Selmer – Elkhart
- One of only 18 full time American orchestras – Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
Never let the music end!
- Keep music as a “core” subject taught in every Indiana school by highly qualified, licensed music educators.
- Provide funding at a level that does not force local school leaders to eliminate or reduce music course offerings.
- Ensure that student participation in music education is not limited by the emphasis on standardized tests.
- Create an environment which attracts and retains quality music educators that will help grow the next generation of Indiana’s leaders.
- AIME Advocacy Ad PERFORMANCE COMP PDF – 1 MB