The IMEA Composition Competition is an annual competition that offers young Indiana composers (grades six through college) the opportunity to have their work evaluated by established composers/educators who provide written feedback. This event is designed to help these young composers learn and grow as creative musical thinkers.
Winning composers will be recognized Saturday, January 16, 2021.
Embassy Theater in Fort Wayne in conjunction with the IMEA Professional Development Conference
- Online Registration Deadline: June 2, 2020
- Registration is considered complete when the online registration is submitted and entry fees are received/paid.
There is a $35 entry fee per composition entry.
The IMEA Composition Competition is open to students in three different divisions:
- Middle School (grades 6-8)
- High School (grades 9-12)
- College (undergraduates only)
Each student must reside in Indiana and be sponsored by a school or private teacher who is an IMEA/NAfME member. Students should enter their concurrent academic school year, or the most recently concluded year.
For more information, please refer to the “Entry Information and Guidelines” page in the sidebar.
Composers may enter in multiple categories, but may only submit one work in each category.
- Chamber Instrumental
- Concert Band/Wind Ensemble
- Jazz Big Band
- Jazz Combo
- Instrumental Solo
- Orchestra (String)
- Orchestra (Full)
- Percussion Ensemble
- Vocal Choir
- Vocal Jazz
- Vocal Solo (Accompanied or A Capella)