CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The Indiana Music Education Association will sponsor a research and best practice poster session at its professional development conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana, January 12- 14, 2017. In-service teachers, graduate students, university faculty, and others are encouraged to submit their work for consideration.
• Research, regardless of paradigm (i.e., Quantitative, Qualitative, or Mixed Methods) that is either completed or in-progress on any topic relating to music teaching and learning will be considered. Research in related areas (e.g., theory or history) will also be considered if a significant connection to teaching and learning processes is evident. In-service teachers conducting action research in their classrooms are encouraged to submit these projects for consideration.
• Best Practice submissions should describe programs or practices that are effectively meeting important goals in music education (e.g., instructional strategies, assessment, innovative curriculum design, etc.). Proposals should include a specific justification and/or rationale for the program or practice, and a description of the context in which it has been implemented.
All submissions should not have been published prior to the conference and must meet the Code of Ethics published in the Journal of Research in Music Education. Only electronic submissions will be accepted (in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format).
The submitted proposal must include the following:
• Primary author’s name, email address, and institutional affiliation (e.g., School Corporation and/or University)
• Names of other authors, if applicable
• Submission Category: Research or Best Practice
• Description/abstract of not more than 500 words
Email this document and the full paper (if complete) to:
Dr. Don Ester, IMEA Research Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the words IMEA POSTER SESSION in the subject line.
Deadline for submissions: November 15, 2016.
If accepted, at least one author must be prepared to present at the poster session and provide 5 copies of the complete paper and 25 copies of the abstract for session attendees.
Notification will be through email by December 15, 2016, in time for the selected participants to take advantage of online pre-registration. Poster session participants may register as a conference presenter at half the conference registration fee.