The Children’s International Folk Dance Festival showcases thousands of children from across Indiana in grades three through eight performing international folk dances. Since 1971, these students have learned the dances from music, P.E., and/or grade-level teachers throughout the academic year in preparation for the festival. The dances come from the Kentucky Dance Institute, a summer dance festival showcasing international dances.
Tentative dates for 2018:
Saturday, May 5, 2018
2:00pm – 4:30pm (Student arrival: 1:45)
Ben Davis High School (MSD Wayne)
1200 North Girls School Road
Indianapolis, IN 46214
· Registration opens September 6
· Scholarship Deadline: January 31
· School Registration deadline: March 7
· Student T-shirt Orders/Snack Packs deadline: April 4
Registered schools have a one-time registration fee, which covers training materials and hosting costs. Students participate for free unless the individual teacher/school charges a fee (shirts, club fee, etc). Families and festival attendees purchase a $5 adult/$3 student ticket on site the day of the festival.
Teachers who register and participate in the festival receive the following:
- Access to festival teaching training videos
- Audio recordings of the festival music
- Festival teaching training packet with dance instructions
- A sample “Festival Parent Packet” to update and send for your students
Additional commemorative festival items, such as Festival T-shirts and plaques, may be available for purchase the day of the festival.
For any questions or concerns, contact Folk Dance Festival Chair Damon Clevenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a scholarship, complete the below form and return it to email@example.com by January 31st, 2018.
This event is supported by:
and the City of Indianapolis