- McCutcheon High School
- Lafayette, Indiana
- Posted On:
- April 7, 2017
McCutcheon High School in Lafayette, Indiana has a full-time job opening for a High School Assistant Band Director. This position will be teaching at high school level only working with the Director of Bands and our over 180 high school band students. However, a collaborative team-player that is willing to also work with all levels of the band program throughout the school corporation is a must. McCutcheon High School was the recipient of the ISSMA All-Music Award for excellence across the band curriculum during the 2015-16 school year and has consistently earned gold ratings at ISSMA events for the last decade. Teaching responsibilities will include both individual and team-teaching of the high school’s 3 concert bands, music theory (AP and introduction level) and class piano students. Shared extra-curricular responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, working with our 100+ member marching band, basketball pep bands, jazz band, musical pit band, and solo and ensemble. A well-rounded candidate with woodwind or percussion specialty is preferred. Significant jazz teaching experience is also desired.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to play an instrument or instruments, conduct students in playing instruments as needed.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus as needed.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Certification/License: Indiana State Certification in Fine Arts: Instrumental & General Music (High School Setting, 5-12, P-12) Instrumental Music K-12 or 9-12 Any Music K-12 Must be highly qualified in High School Fine Arts by NTE/Praxis II/Pearson CORE (must be able to produce scores upon request) ? Education: Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment. Experience: Successful prior teaching experience in music for the appropriate grade level preferred.
How to Apply