The fall workshop of the Indiana Society of Music Teacher Education (ISMTE) will be held on Friday, October 24, 2014, at the IMEA Executive Office from 9:00 AM until 2:45 PM. The IMEA Executive Office is located at 100 E. Thompson Road, Indianapolis, IN 46227.
This workshop will be a work session focused on music teacher evaluation models for use by building principals. You may find it helpful to review some of the following resources prior to the workshop:
- New NAfME resources
- Workbook for Building and Evaluating Effective Music Education in General Music as well as the bundled form and worksheets
- Workbook for Building and Evaluating Effective Music Education in the School Ensemble as well as the bundled form and worksheets
- Indiana Content Standards for Educators: Fine Arts – Instrumental and General Music
- Indiana Content Standards for Educators: Fine Arts – Vocal and General Music
- Indiana Development Standards for Educators: School Setting Developmental Standards for P-12
- National Core Arts Standards: Music
- Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) Standards
The schedule for the day is as follows:
9:00 Coffee, Conversation, and Introductions
9:30 Sharing of Preliminary Models for Evaluating Indiana Music Educators
10:00 Group Working Session on Elementary Model for Evaluating Indiana Music Educators
11:30 Lunch on your own
(There are restaurants in close proximity that are able to accommodate our group.)
12:45 Group Working Session on Secondary Model for Evaluating Indiana Music Educators
2:15 Where Do We Go From Here?
2:30 Brainstorming of Potential Topics for ISMTE January 2014 Meeting at IMEA
Music education colleagues at all area colleges and universities are welcome to attend.
Please help with our planning by sending an RSVP to Caroline Jetton, Chair, ISMTE at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, October 20.