Indiana Music Education Association (IMEA) is a not-for-profit professional membership organization for music teachers, kindergarten through collegiate levels. Membership is currently around 1100 active teachers, with approximately 100 retired members, and 700 collegiate members (who are music education majors). As the federated state unit of NAfME, IMEA’s purpose is support and advance music education in the state of Indiana by representing the united interests of music educators and students and by providing professional leadership and service in music education to enhance the arts in the schools.
The mission of IMEA is to advance music education in Indiana by advocating for the best musical interests of all students and providing quality programs, professional development, and services.
All students will receive a comprehensive, sequential music education provided by highly qualified, licensed music educators that prepares them for lifelong involvement in music.
- We value comprehensive music instruction that can reach every child.
- We value the richest quality music experience for every child.
- We value music as a part of a core educational curriculum.
- We value best practices in effective teaching.
- We value professional development for all music educators.